Sunday, July 02, 2006

Home again, home again....

Just finished unloading the rental car (A Chevy HHR - which I originally thought was just a cheap knock-off of a PT Cruiser, but is actually a superior vehicle) and Jae is asleep after greeting me with a kiss and a happy, overdue hug. I had actually posted much more this week than what got cut off, which is sort of disappointing, but - that's technology for you. I'll have to go very slow at this, to capture went down, but suffice it to say that KMW was a mind-blowing and absolutely heavenly experience. Just amazing.

For now, I'll just say that I've gotten in deep. LOL! Nancy Barker, "Miss Nancy" and den mother to all of the KMW folks, has invited me to be an instructor next year, teaching DAA for mountain dulcimer and a couple of other courses which will probably involve performance and songwriting. This is a very humbling and honorable offer! I owe it to Stephen Seifert, who put in a good word for me with Nancy early on - and also Tom and Missy Strothers, who likewise had good things to say - I pass the praise onto God, while sticking my finger in the icing and taking a little lick at the same time. : ) It was a tremendous blessing to meet them all, and all the other people who made a huge impression this past week. From my instructors, Lorraine Lee Hammond, Don Pedi, Stephen and Butch Ross (along with his fiancee' and my MySpace pal Christie Burns) to my fellow classmates and the other instructors that I got to interact with, this was a week of total bliss, musically, socially, spiritually. I'll start chipping away at it tomorrow - but right now, I've got e-mails to catch up on and the bed is looking mighty good after 13 hours of driving.

The "wow" factor is still settling in. What an amazing week this has been. And it looks like I'll be heading back up there, at least to Louisville, for Kentucky Music Weekend at the end of this month - but more on that later.....

No comments: