Tuesday, January 06, 2009

New Axes and NAMM

Spend Your Time Wisely at the 2009 NAMM Show: Use NAMM's Online Resources to Map Out Your Days in Anaheim | NAMM.org
Planning your days at the NAMM Show is simple—visit the show site to find out about NAMM University Breakfast Sessions and the Idea Center schedule, the PLAYback Supplement listing of events and performances, discounts for badged attendees and other general information. Log on now to plan ahead and help ensure a positive, successful show experience!


Dude, I am so getting excited about NAMM Show in Anaheim. Jae was pointing out some of the folks who are going to be demoing there and it's just insane. Insane, I tell you! Yngwie Malmsteen, Dick Dale, Atreyu, Michael Anthony, Nikki Sixx, Papa Roach, Pat Travers, Steve Vai, Joe Satriani, Snoop Dogg, REO Speedwagon, Alice In Chains, Skid Row, Corey Feldman (huh?) and some of the cats I met in '86 including Johnny Vatos and Alan Holdsworth. I haven't been since then when I demoed for Suzuki and that was a trip (played for Eddie Van Halen, met Lita Ford and Steve Bartek!) Now, I'll be demoing for Folkcraft Instruments and, to be honest here, I'm probably more excited about what Folkcraft president Richard Ash told me today on the phone; my new axe is almost ready.

Folkcraft has never built an instrument like this one before, but as part of my endorsement deal, they said to shoot for the moon. Whaddya do? Go conservative? Richard said that the final coat of lacquer went on today and that they're putting strings on it tomorrow; it's going to be waiting for me in Anaheim. It's gonna be a long week.

No comments: