Monday, November 06, 2006

SSA Music Awards/Deland Original Music Festival



Here's some footage from Saturday's SSA Music Awards and Deland Original Music Festival. It was truly a blast! The two sets went great; first set, I did the "Ryan and Stacia" trilogy for a nice crowd. Second set, I broke out "Casualties of Faith" and "Dear Mr. Bush", both of which got an amazing response. In the video, though, I highlight a bluesy, electric mixture of "Song For George" and "Cluck Ol' Hen" as well as a very dramatic performance of "Caught."

Though it's kind of dark, you'll also see them announce my name as "Songwriter of the Year", which came as a complete surprise and nearly made me choke on the water I was swigging at the time. Huge thanks to everyone who voted for me - it's truly an honor!

Now, I'm hauling ass - trying to get squared away and organized after being out there with the gear and supplies for the J.O.B. Vendor table, which are now sprawled all over the living room floor. Jae's in Washington D.C. on a business trip and I'm heading for Ohio this Thursday. It's going to be a busy week after an even busier weekend.

If you haven't done so already, vote tomorrow! Vote for change, vote for peace, but vote!

No comments: