Sunday, March 26, 2006

Mucking Around



Dulcitar Progress Report

Doug writes that "this is the veneer I have ordered for a top laminate. The body wood has also been purchased. I hope to start cutting wood next week." I'm like a little kid on Christmas Eve. Already. A couple of days later, "Lexan template made, maple body blank sections laid out, rough shaped on band saw.
Next- body halves glued up and clamped today......expect veneer to arrive today or tomorrow."

There's a whole month of this left, I don't know that I can take it.

New Toy...Er, Technology

I went and picked up an EBow from Guitar Center yesterday. It's a little handheld device that produces an energy field that vibrates and sustains your guitar string; they call it Direct String Synthesis. I just call it Fun As All Get-Out. In the little brochure that comes with it (it's wrapped in a little velvet bag, like a bottle of Crown Royal), among the "fun things to do with an EBow" listed are "use with a slide", "violin-like bowing strokes" and "annoy the neighbors."

Which I'm planning to go do, right now.

No comments: