Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Trouble with a capital "T"

New Tune!

The first round of new tunes is beginning to surface and the first one is a traditional blues number that has been cruising around in my noggin for awhile. I may upload a light demo this week as I toy around with some elements. Using Band-In-A-Box for the backing tracks, though I'll record this with Mohave, more than likely:

"Uphill In A Headwind"
Music and Lyrics by Bing Futch
Copyright © 2009 J.O.B. Entertainment Inc.

I got troubles on my mind
lord where do I begin? (2x)
feels like I'm runnin' to stand still, up hill in a headwind

you know I broke these chains so long ago
now I'm wearing them again (2x)
feels like I'm runnin' to stand still, up hill in a headwind

solo

I used to make good money
but that was long ago (2x)
you know these days I'm clipping coupons
every time I go to the store

don't you remember me, baby
I was the one who let you in (2x)
now you act like you don't know me
well, I thought you was my friend

solo

I got troubles on my mind
lord where do I begin? (2x)
feels like I'm runnin' to stand still, up hill in a headwind

====

Been putting Annie through her paces and she really howls on this tune - so an upload of backing tracks and dulcimer will come first - then, as I've worked out the vox and arrangement better, there will come stage two.

Mountain Dulcimer Podcast

Last night's podcast with Stephen Seifert was great - thanks to all who "attended" and were present in the chat room. If you missed it, the archive of the show can be found here.

On The Road, Er, In The Air Again

This weekend, I'll be at the Mid-Winter Dulcimer Festival in Shelby, North Carolina along with Joe Collins, Alan Darveaux, Wayne Seymour, Nancy Galumbush, Margit Roberson and Flat Mountain Dulcimers. The concert on Saturday night is free, if you're in the area - come on out! Information on the workshops is in the link above.

More later this week - I'm going back to writing.

No comments: