Saturday, September 13, 2008

Where, How Did I Get Here?

Those previous images? They're from August 31st at House of Blues at Walt Disney World. David Schweizer and, no, I don't remember her name, hell. They did a great set though.


I've been playing a lot of scales recently. Pentatonic scales on a diatonic fretboard. Been messing around with my little cardboard chromatic too - the one I got from Stephen Seifert's class in 2006. Steve called me out of the blue last week and we're both frothing at the mouth about our next steps. This doesn't ever stop, chillun. No. It doesn't ever. Just when you think you are on your way, you will find something to aspire to and the chase begins again. DAGNABBIT! Well. That's the way it goes. Gets used to it. And yes, I meant to type "gets used to it." Rrrrrrrrrrrr.

Something big is on my horizon and I'm stoked, can't talk about it now, but it's happening. Had a fun show tonight in St. Cloud with Roger Zimish - we're performing some duos all over - and got a show coming up Sunday in Orlando at Leu Gardens. But tomorrow is my wife's 45th birthday, so it's going to be nothing but a PARTAY tomorrow, well, today, actually.

We'll catch up again soon - got some scales I want to lay on y'all.

No comments: