Friday, May 30, 2008

4-Year Anniversary

Today marks four years of matrimony for Jae and I, begun here in Key West where we have a number of traditions, including karaoke at Two Friends. On this trip, however, we've decided to do some things that we've never done before, which has been a real blast as we sort of "rediscover" the island.

Usually, at Two Friends, I go up and sing "Rock Lobster" with Sheri, my sister-in-law, and also "I Was Country When Country Wasn't Cool." We went "down, down" with the B-52's as usual last night, but for the first time in our marriage, Jae and I performed together at karaoke. Check this duo out!

http://www.keyslive.com/pages/jaebing52908.html

Too much fun! There were quite a few tunes in the mongo-sized karaoke book that weren't there last year, including one that is part of my solo sets, "Texas In My Rearview Mirror":

http://www.keyslive.com/pages/bing52908.html

All of this came just after I spent two hours performing as part of the Mallory Square Sunset Celebration for the first time. I'm willing to bet that mountain dulcimers don't get a fair amount of action there, as even the other performers were intrigued when I was given my first-timers slot, right in between Warren the magician and Reid, the fire juggler. Viva Key West!

We're at the Duval Beach Cafe currently, having just taken an exciting ride in my brother-in-law's open cockpit Stearman bi-plane. Tonight, who knows? Sheri has something planned for us, which she'll divulge after lunch. More pictures and video to come!

Thank you for all of the anniversary wishes - we are having a blast!

Aloha,

Bing and Jae

No comments: