Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dear Mr. Bush

Here is a link to protests taking place all around the country today in support of getting Bush and his gang out of office. Many of the events are taking place late in the afternoon.

If you're sick and tired of the direction in which America is traveling, if the level of corruption has brought your blood to a boil, if you can't stand the thought of dealing with a never-ending war for the rest of your lives, then there's only one thing NOT to do.

Don't be inactive.

Get out there and join the others who are just as fed up as you are. Believe it or not, we are the majority. And majority RULES!

Monday, I wrote a country song in support of our president.....getting the HELL out of office. It's called "Dear Mr. Bush" and I'm in the process of rehearsing it to perform at the Deland Original Music Festival on November 4th. I don't know if I'll record a demo or not, because my idea of the song would get obliterated by a demo with computer instruments and whatnot - so I'm going to wait, I think, until I can get some stellar folks together and really make it an event. Got a pianist, bassist, fiddler in mind - looking for a drummer. In any case - here are the words:

Dear Mr. Bush
I've got a thing or two to say to you
with all the best intentions and respect that is due
I cannot wait til America's through with you

Dear Mr. Bush
while you and all your friends in Washington
have squandered our good name and flushed this country down the john
oh, rest assured, we've been catching on

CHORUS

from sea to shining sea, we are aware
that to you, in times of war, all is fair
we will pray for one fine day when we can kick you in the tush
and finally be free of all your drama, Mr. Bush

Dear Mr. Bush
these sentiments should come as no surprise
after all, you led this nation into war based on lies
do you think of that as every soldier dies?

Dear Mr. Bush
if you're dreamin' of martial law, you might think twice
and that goes for Cheney, Rumsfeld and that Condoleeza Rice
don't even try it, you're slippin' on thin ice

CHORUS

from sea to shining sea, we are aware
that to you, in times of war, all is fair
we will pray for one fine day when we can kick you in the tush
and finally be free of all your drama, Mr. Bush

Your image of a cowboy on the range
infuriates the sanest democrat
but the posturing won't ever really change
the fact that you're no cattle and all hat

Dear Mr. Bush
I thank you for your time, to let me spout
where we stand as Americans, I hope there is no doubt
don't let the door hit ya while you're on your way out

CHORUS

from sea to shining sea, we are aware
that to you, in times of war, all is fair
we will pray for one fine day when we can kick you in the tush
and finally be free of all your drama, Mr. Bush

you might've been a better president if you weren't such a puss
bring it on, the day you're gone away
George W. Bush
bring it on, the day you're gone away
George W. Bush


Copyright © 2006 J.O.B. Entertainment Inc.


Recent Recap

I think it's been mentioned here at some point that I've got ADD, so each day is a real struggle to maintain clarity and I refuse to take medication, because one needs to be able to handle life without the aid of something that can suddenly not be available to you. If it ain't in ya, then you're in IT. Anyway - I've been hunkered down over a complete and total re-do of the J.O.B. Entertainment Inc. website - which is harder than it looks, since I've got to edit video, re-encode it, do the designing and whatnot. The new site will be up later today (I hope) - and I've just hired an assistant to help me with the push. I've been so wrapped up in that, I didn't even post about the gig this past Saturday at First Presbyterian Church of Maitland. It was a blast - just like last year, only more so this time around. Jae was there, which certainly made it more fun for me, and this marked the first time that I've done a set primarily consisting of instumentals - mostly tunes that I learned over the summer. (Check out video from the event!)

Well, it all went astoundingly well - and David Schweizer is such a great guy - I enjoy working with him whenever I get the chance (he gave Mohave its first gig, after all, not to mention producing a very fine record for us) and it was great to have him join in on washboard with some of the songs. Uncle Charles Stansell was there too, and he joined me on mouth harp for a couple of songs - so it was just a whole lot of fun; played for a cakewalk, got to see and hear some great music, had barbecue - you know, excellent! Then later that evening, Jae and I went out on a date - had a nifty dinner, great conversation and then went to a place called Dessert Lady, on the suggestion of our friends John and Yoko, and ate ourselves into a sugar coma. How sweet it is indeed.

And on Tuesday, my dulcimer club got together for the first official jam of the fall and that was a blast as well. We always have soup and bread before getting into the music, visit with each other and talk about the shows and festivals we've been to and the ones we're planning on attending. Dulcimer playing is like church - it's so much easier to walk each day when you've got that fellowship going on.

Now, it's back to the designing grind - I've got a wedding to shoot this weekend, the production traffic is picking up after summer, as it always does, so I've got to be extra-focused and balance between the world of video and the land of dulcimer. It's pretty hard sometimes, but I just keep saying to myself: "I love doing this." And that makes all the difference in the world!

No comments: