Monday, February 27, 2006

One For The Money, Two For The Show...

We're in our second night of back-to-back rehearsals before the show tomorrow evening and I'm finally letting myself get a little excited, a little pumped. Charles Stansell is going to be playing mouth harp with us and he's wanting to do a Delta-style version of "Gold Trails Hotel", which I think could get really out-of-control, so we're going to do it. I don't know what he has in mind, but anything goes. I just hope it warms up. It's not even 6 pm and I'm shivering in the studio at the front of our house. Given that we're going on at 10:30 p.m. on a school night after everyone's been boozing it up, please don't let it be cold too. Talk about a buzz killer.

Tonight's final run-through is going to play like the real thing, so it's natural to be a little keyed up. Performing, as opposed to rehearsing, is like letting ALL of the angels and the demons come to play in the same sandbox at the same time. Quite fun.

No comments: