Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Energy of Excited


Going on tour is always an exciting prospect and, after it's all said and done, I'm also excited to come home as well. Variety is truly the spice of life for Sagittarius and it sometimes makes me do crazy things. Like last night, after The Pub Thang and Simon Time Trivia at McWell's - I packed up my gear, put it in Buster, went home, unpacked, re-packed, said goodbye to Jae and hopped in for a ten-hour drive to Nashville. Normally, I'll break up anything over eight hours into two days, but for some reason, I figured that I could do this without getting any sleep. I was right.

It's currently 4 p.m. ET and I've now been up for a consecutive 31 hours and showing no signs of fading. Too early to knock off now - better wait until later in the evening. Got a long day at NAMM tomorrow.

Met up with Richard and Nick from Folkcraft - got my exhibitor badge, heard some music at Tootsie's and checked into the hotel room, which is niftily within walking distance of Broadway. Hopefully, this time around, I'll get a chance to see 16th Avenue.

But for now, I'm thinking "pool." Pool, and maybe a nap.

No comments: