Thursday, June 21, 2007

Chillin'? Right.

There's something to be said for just chilling. To the lowdown. I do mean, extreme. When you've got the opportunity to kick back like a local, then you should be grabbing it, because it may be a mighty long time before you do it again.

On paper, three weeks between trips seems like a long enough time to bounce back, but with all of the day-to-day of running a business (albeit a creative and fun one), it seems like only yesterday that I was getting my respective chill on in Key West.

Saturday, I'm heading for a rendezvous with Butch Ross and we're carpooling to Kentucky Music Week. I'm still printing stuff over here. Nothing like the eleventh hour as inspiration for a musician.

It's funny in a surreal way. This time last year, I was attending my first dulcimer festival, Kentucky Music Week, meeting Butch and his super-cool soon-to-be-wife Christie Burns, and taking one of his workshops, learning about Robert Force for the first time. Nope. Couldn't have seen the next twelve months coming.

It's gonna be fun. And this time, I'm bringing home the Missus her own bottle of Four Roses.

No comments: