Monday, November 13, 2006

Here In Ohio

What a rush these past few days have been! The trip up from Orlando was simply lovely; I pretty much ran straight on until the border of South Carolina and North Carolina, ate at a Cracker Barrel across from Paramount's Carowinds theme park (very difficult to sit there and look at a closed-for-the-season place of amusement with its wicked rollercoasters taunting me from so close) and rolled right into Guysville for a meeting with my hosts, Jerry and Mary Rockwell.

The first night was spent just talking and hanging out at their grand old house. The daytime was spent chilling with Jerry, who is simply a fascinating guy - well steeped in dulcimer folklore and music theory - until he and Mary went into town for some things, and I was left on the front porch with a couple of his dulcimers and a few of my own - just soaking up the beautiful sunny Ohio day.

SEODfest went off the next day without a hitch and though it began to cloud over and rain, bringing temperatures down, attendance didn't seem to be affected. My three workshops contained a healthy number of people who were talented, eager to learn and highly attentive.

I'm still in Ohio - visiting with my good friends Denny, Rose and Blake, who live in Seville; I head back on Thursday.

Great times, beautiful times. More to come - I think we're going to the Rock 'N' Roll Hall of Fame on Wednesday.

Oh, and Jae called me this morning to say that "Dear Mr. Bush" was listed on the Neil Young "Living With War" site. Very cool! I'm proud to be a part of that historical tribute to change in America.

Be well and healthy all -

No comments: